Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/26 20:12:11 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0

I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0 release.

I would like to highlight the following features on this release:

[ARTEMIS-2364] - Implement collision avoidance for redelivery
[ARTEMIS-2457] - Implement ring queue

These features added more rich features on Queue Processing.

and the following performance improvement on this release:

[ARTEMIS-2399] - Improve Paging performance when there are a lot of subscribers

As this last change is almost like a new feature by itself. Paging
will now be streamed from Page Subscriptions, being a faster approach
with many subscriptions.

The release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12345602

This is a substantial release, with 140 git commits and touching 76
JIRAs, as you can see on the commit report:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.10.0

Source and binary distributions can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.10.0

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1194

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.10.0?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.10.0

I will update the website after the vote has passed.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my +1

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 9:33 AM Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm +1 on the 2.10.0 release although below it says 2.4.0

:) thanks.. sorry for the copy & paste error.

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
I'm +1 on the 2.10.0 release although below it says 2.4.0

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Validated license and notices files in all archives
* Checked source headers using 'mvn apache-rat:check -P release'
* Built from source and ran the AMQP integration tests
* Ran Qpid JMS examples against the binary broker packaged version.
* Checked that the webconsole works

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.10.0

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1, I've been looking forward to the paging performance improvements as
I've been following the discussions off and on around it the past couple of
months and it looks like a really nice enhancement

Posted by Krzysztof <h4...@gmail.com>.
Great work!

Posted by mi...@me.com.INVALID.

Posted by Howard Gao <ho...@gmail.com>.