Posted to user@spark.apache.org by yxzhao <yx...@ualr.edu> on 2014/06/21 21:55:52 UTC

Spark Processing Large Data Stuck

I run the pagerank example processing a large data set, 5GB in size, using 48
machines. The job got stuck at the time point: 14/05/20 21:32:17, as the
attached log shows. It was stuck there for more than 10 hours and then I
killed it at last. But I did not find any information explaining why it was
stuck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Spark_OK_48_pagerank.log
<http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/file/n8075/Spark_OK_48_pagerank.log>

Re: Spark Processing Large Data Stuck

Posted by Peng Cheng <pc...@uow.edu.au>.
JVM will quit after spending most of its time on GC (about 95%), but usually
before that you have to wait for a long time, particularly if your job is
already at massive scale.

Since it is hard to run profiling online, maybe its easier for debugging if
you make a lot of partitions (so you can watch the progress bar) and post
the last log before it froze.

Re: Spark Processing Large Data Stuck

Posted by yxzhao <yx...@ualr.edu>.
Thanks Krishna,
I use a small cluster and each compute node has 16GB of RAM and 8 2.66GHz
CPU cores.

Posted by Krishna Sankar <ks...@gmail.com>.
Hi,