Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Govinda Rao Deyyam <Go...@infosys.com> on 2008/11/20 13:31:52 UTC

maven resource errors

Hi All,

I am new to Maven, I am working on an existing project in which they used Maven tool to build the project.
When I ran the maven tool its giving below error.

D:\Govind\SOMS\Full code base\SOMS R1 - Aug 08>mvn compile
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[WARNING] Overriding profile: 'colt' (source: pom) with new instance from source: profiles.xml
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   Colt
[INFO]   Colt MDA
[INFO]   Colt Common
[INFO]   Colt Core Business Tier
[INFO] Building Colt
[INFO]    task-segment: [compile]
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
[INFO] Building Colt MDA
[INFO]    task-segment: [compile]
[INFO] snapshot org.andromda.maven.plugins:andromda-maven-plugin:3.2-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from andromda
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot org.andromda.maven.plugins:andromda-maven-plugin:3.2-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from repository: an
dromda due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'andromda' will be blacklisted
[INFO] snapshot org.andromda.maven.plugins:andromda-maven-plugin:3.2-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from andromda
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot org.andromda.maven.plugins:andromda-maven-plugin:3.2-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from repository: an
dromda due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'andromda' will be blacklisted
Downloading: file:///D:\Govind\SOMS\Full code base\SOMS R1 - Aug 08\mda/../localMavenRepo/org/andromda/maven/plugins/andromda-maven-plugin/3.2-SNAPSHO
T/andromda-maven-plugin-3.2-SNAPSHOT.pom
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.andromda.maven.plugins
ArtifactId: andromda-maven-plugin
Version: 3.2-SNAPSHOT

  org.andromda.maven.plugins:andromda-maven-plugin:pom:3.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  andromda (http://team.andromda.org/maven2),
  subversionrepo (file:///D:\Govind\SOMS\Full code base\SOMS R1 - Aug 08\mda/../localMavenRepo)

I have copied the two files (andromda-maven-plugin-3.2-SNAPSHOT.jar, andromda-maven-plugin-3.2-SNAPSHOT.xml) in the given repository (localMavenRepo/org/andromda/maven/plugins/andromda-maven-plugin/3.2-SNAPSHO T) but still I am getting this error. Please suggest me what to do.

Thanks
Govind

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: maven resource errors

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I am new to Maven, I am working on an existing project in which they used Maven tool to build the project.
> When I ran the maven tool its giving below error.

Whoever provided you with this project should also provide
instructions on getting it working, right? I'd talk to them first.
Perhaps there is an internal repository or mirror you should be using
(configured via settings.xml) that you are missing.

> I have copied the two files (andromda-maven-plugin-3.2-SNAPSHOT.jar, andromda-maven-plugin-3.2-SNAPSHOT.xml) in the given repository (localMavenRepo/org/andromda/maven/plugins/andromda-maven-plugin/3.2-SNAPSHO T) but still I am getting this error. Please suggest me what to do.

The file should be named .pom not .xml.

Wayne