Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by landrews5807 <la...@metrocourt.state.nm.us> on 2012/04/05 22:19:47 UTC

Basic ActiveMQ setup but I am stuck

I have a server that is running ActiveMQ.

I have another remote server that an application writes XML files to a
specific folder that is shared.

I need for my ActiveMQ queue to get the XML file that was placed in the
folder on the network share by the other application.

What do I need to do to accomplish the following as part of the message
transfer:

1.  I have to authenticate to the remote server.
2.  My config file needs to reference the remote server.  When I use the
route tag in Camel like this:

<route>
  <from uri="file://servername.domain.gov/MetroFileDrop" />
  <to uri="activemq.queue:Odyssey.Queue" />
</route>

a NEW folder is created on my local server that is running ActiveMQ in the C
drive named:  servername.domain.gov/MetroFileDrop

instead of looking at the network location that already exists.

I wouldn't think this would be that difficult but am finding it hard to do.
Here's the process that I need to do:

1.  CaseManagement system publishes an XML file to a shared folder on a
specific server
2.  ActiveMQ is delivered that document/is sent the document/consumes it
(what ever word choice is correct)
3.  ActiveMQ does something with that document

That is the essence of the message broker, right?  I should be able to
accomplish this, right?

Thank you.

Leslie

Re: Basic ActiveMQ setup but I am stuck

Posted by landrews5807 <la...@metrocourt.state.nm.us>.
Thanks so much!!!  It is working!!!!  I changed the from to:

<from uri="file:\\\\servername.domain\\MetroFileDrop"/>

and that fixed it!  OMG  This makes my day!!

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

What OS are you using? Is it Windows.
You may have to use the UNC notation (I think its whats its called).

Also an alternative on Windows is to map a drive letter to the network drive.
So you can pickup files from eg H:\MetroFileDrop

The Camel file component uses the java.io.File API. So basically
whatever this API does/support is what Camel does.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 10:19 PM, landrews5807
<la...@metrocourt.state.nm.us> wrote:
> I have a server that is running ActiveMQ.
>
> I have another remote server that an application writes XML files to a
> specific folder that is shared.
>
> I need for my ActiveMQ queue to get the XML file that was placed in the
> folder on the network share by the other application.
>
> What do I need to do to accomplish the following as part of the message
> transfer:
>
> 1.  I have to authenticate to the remote server.
> 2.  My config file needs to reference the remote server.  When I use the
> route tag in Camel like this:
>
> <route>
>  <from uri="file://servername.domain.gov/MetroFileDrop" />
>  <to uri="activemq.queue:Odyssey.Queue" />
> </route>
>
> a NEW folder is created on my local server that is running ActiveMQ in the C
> drive named:  servername.domain.gov/MetroFileDrop
>
> instead of looking at the network location that already exists.
>
> I wouldn't think this would be that difficult but am finding it hard to do.
> Here's the process that I need to do:
>
> 1.  CaseManagement system publishes an XML file to a shared folder on a
> specific server
> 2.  ActiveMQ is delivered that document/is sent the document/consumes it
> (what ever word choice is correct)
> 3.  ActiveMQ does something with that document
>
> That is the essence of the message broker, right?  I should be able to
> accomplish this, right?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Leslie

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: Basic ActiveMQ setup but I am stuck

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
the folks on the camel user list may be better able to help...

If you were to use the command prompt and use a copy command from DOS,
what file name would work?

It is that value that you need to use in the url.

Some pointers in:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-users/201108.mbox/%3CCAGB5yNnjxF5UeJddaudXjaab6zzAbBC0ezKaJ+kC-fh3Bb9w2A@mail.gmail.com%3E

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com