Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org> on 2004/03/31 14:59:43 UTC

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.

>>> Everything correct?
>>> Any other votes?
>>

>> Noone answers, the vote result is
>> pretty much clear ...so I asume it's
>> ok to leave it where it is.
>>
>> Is that (more or less) ok for everyone?
>> Carsten, Reinhard, Antonio, Joerg?
>

> no problem, it's okay.
> I would like to see the Javaflow as part of Cocoon 2.1 core when we
> believe it is stable. And in 2.2(3.0) I would prefer having modules for
> the different flow implementations and the environments.

Same feeling here.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.

--
Reinhard

Re: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Ok, we guess we can continue this discussion forever :)

I like discussion :)

>> I would say, do what you think is better, we will see what
>> happens.

And this is not one of the April's fools day jokes? ;)

I'd leave it as it is and add it to the release
instructions :) ...and if noone stops me I will
do it right now!

> Carsten, I like your pragmatic approaches ;-)

That's my pragmatic approach ;)

...but we can change anytime you want

cheers
--
Torsten

RE: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Reinhard Pötz [mailto:reinhard@apache.org]

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> >Ok, we guess we can continue this discussion forever :) I
> would say, do
> >what you think is better, we will see what happens.
> >

> +1
> Carsten, I like your pragmatic approaches ;-)

Thanks :) I know today is first-of-april...(just kidding).

Carsten

Re: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Ok, we guess we can continue this discussion forever :)
>I would say, do what you think is better, we will see what
>happens.

+1
Carsten, I like your pragmatic approaches ;-)

Best,
Reinhard

RE: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Re: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
>>but then I'd propose to disable *all* unstable blocks
>>

> Oh no, please not because this will lead to everyone wanting to declare his
> favorite block "stable" :)

don't wanna bitch around but... if you
want prevent users to use unstable code
(or at least make them aware of the fact)
we should handle blocks all the same.

and as you see with the midi block
...if we can consider it stable it'll
become marked stable. no big deal.

I don't think "stable" has anything to
do with preference but instead how it
has proven to be stable in production
over time.

WDYT
--
Torsten

RE: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > Rule No.1 in OS projects: NEVER TRUST THE RELEASE MANAGER!
>
> hehe ...you wanna shirk the responsibility ;) but I trust you
> anyway :)

Hey, it was worth a try :) Thanks!

> >>that he will not forget
> >>to change it when it is on his todo list for the release ;-) But I
> >>have absolutely no problem with disabling in dev by default.
> >>
> >>...I known about it and have my local blocks properties
> file anyway ;)
> >>

> > Actually it's not that big deal, we should either disable it now,
>
> but then I'd propose to disable *all* unstable blocks

Oh no, please not because this will lead to everyone wanting to declare his
favorite block "stable" :)

> > or add the instruction to disable the block to the wiki
> (the release
> > process description), so the release manager can't forget it :)
>
> as you like :)

Let's just disable the java flow block in the CVS - we all use our
own properties file anyway.

Carsten

Re: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.

RE: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Re: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.

>>> no not yet ...would you prefer this
>>> also for the dev version or only for
>>> the release?
>>>

>> I personally would prefer to disable it already for
>> the dev version as many users are trying out Cocoon
>> from the CVS and then only use later on a released
>> version as a reference.
>> And it definitly makes releasing Cocoon easier. I think
>> it's very easy to forget to disable the block during
>> the release process.
>>
>> But I also guess, I'm again the only one with this
>> opinion :(
>>
>> Carsten
>>

> no. +1 from me ;-)

Well, I personally think if someone is using our
HEAD branch and is missing which blocks are stable
and which are not ...well, he should better go for
the releases.

And I also trust our release manager that he will

Re: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Torsten Curdt wrote:
>

>>>Is the block disabled by default?
>>>

>>no not yet ...would you prefer this
>>also for the dev version or only for
>>the release?
>>

>I personally would prefer to disable it already for
>the dev version as many users are trying out Cocoon
>from the CVS and then only use later on a released
>version as a reference.
>And it definitly makes releasing Cocoon easier. I think
>it's very easy to forget to disable the block during
>the release process.
>
>But I also guess, I'm again the only one with this
>opinion :(
>
>Carsten

no. +1 from me ;-)

--
Reinhard

RE: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
Am Do, den 01.04.2004 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler um 9:02:
>  Torsten Curdt wrote:
> > > Is the block disabled by default?
> >
> > no not yet ...would you prefer this
> > also for the dev version or only for
> > the release?
>
> I personally would prefer to disable it already for
> the dev version as many users are trying out Cocoon
> from the CVS and then only use later on a released
> version as a reference.
> And it definitly makes releasing Cocoon easier. I think
> it's very easy to forget to disable the block during
> the release process.

No problem with it from my side. Go ahead.

Stephan.

RE: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Re: [VOTE RESULT] javaflow