Posted to users@trafficcontrol.apache.org by "Wannenwetsch Oliver (XC/BDO-BS1)" <Ol...@de.bosch.com> on 2021/09/21 06:38:29 UTC

Proxy CONNECT-Method supported for origin servers in HTTPS Reverse Proxy Mode

Dear trafficserver community,

we looked very closely to the documentation of trafficserver, but some points remain open.
We are running trafficserver in the latest version as HTTP reverse proxy for reducing load on our origin web-server

client <-HTTPS-> trafficserver <-HTTPS-> origin server

Now, we want to move our origin server to another network zone.
The origin server will then be located behind another proxy server:

client <-HTTPS-> trafficserver <-HTTPS (Tunnel through HTTP-CONNECT)-> ProxyServer <-HTTPS-> origin server

Questions:

1.) Is Trafficserver able to connect to an origin server through a HTTP-proxy at all?
2.) If so, can it connect to the origin server using HTTPS and a CONNECT method for upstream traffic proxy tunneling?

Thank you for your answers and regards,
Oliver

-------------
Robert Bosch GmbH | Postfach 30 02 20 | 70442 Stuttgart | GERMANY | www.bosch.com

Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Franz Fehrenbach; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Volkmar Denner,
Prof. Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Filiz Albrecht, Dr. Michael Bolle, Dr. Christian Fischer,
Dr. Stefan Hartung, Dr. Markus Heyn, Harald Kröger, Rolf Najork, Uwe Raschke

Re: Proxy CONNECT-Method supported for origin servers in HTTPS Reverse Proxy Mode

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.
Hey Oliver,
I think you wanted the Trafficserver users Lise and not the Traffic Control
users list.  I have added that list to the distro and you should find the
help you need.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.