Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Bucholdt <Ch...@widas.de> on 2002/09/10 15:06:35 UTC

problems with tomcat4 and jrun2.3

Hi,

I have a big performance problem with tomcat 4.0.1 on a winNT4 machine
(256
MB RAM). After a short time after start and working with the application
tomcat has required 100% CPU and more and more RAM. At the same machine
runs
Jrun 2.3. with a other application.
Know anybody this problem? Is it a problem with tomcat and jrun?

Jrun uses jdk 1.1.8 and Tomcat4 uses jdk1.3.1.

On a other machine (128 MB RAM) only with tomcat the application runs
fine.

thanks for help

christian

Re: problems with tomcat4 and jrun2.3

Posted by tek1 <te...@pobox.com>.
does the 100% utilization when either jrun or tc run by themselves?

try upgrading tc to 4.0.4 to see if there's a difference.  may want to also
try tc4.1.10.

what version of jdk131 are you using?  131_04?  if not, try that also.

for problems like this, first try to isolate the problem (i.e. test the
technologies individually, if possible), and second, upgrade to the latest
(micro) version of supporting technologies (i.e. jdk131_01 -> jdk131_04).

if that doesn't solve the problem, try using a profiler to find out which
class/method is causing the problem.