Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Kavitha B S <ka...@sasken.com> on 2001/08/16 15:51:15 UTC

Xerces for Solaris 8

Hi,
    We have an Application which needs to be compiled on Solaris 8.
Could u tell me if it is  safe to use Xerces-c library which is Built on
Solaris 7 and Build our Application on Solaris 8.
    Or Do we need to build  xerces-c on Solaris 8 and then Build the
Application.

Thanx in Advance,
Regards,
Kavith

Re: Xerces for Solaris 8

Posted by Murray Cumming <Mu...@BetaResearch.de>.
Kavitha B S wrote:

> Hi,
>     We have an Application which needs to be compiled on Solaris 8.
> Could u tell me if it is  safe to use Xerces-c library which is Built on
> Solaris 7 and Build our Application on Solaris 8.
>     Or Do we need to build  xerces-c on Solaris 8 and then Build the
> Application.

It is always better to build it yourself rather than trust that your
setup is the same as some else's. Surely there are binary
incompatibilities between Solaris 7 and Solaris8.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com