Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2006/03/01 14:08:37 UTC

Re: svn commit: r381985 - /forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.Daisy/forrest.properties.xml

Tim Williams wrote:
>>+   <!-- The URL of the Daisy publisher -->
>>+   <property name="daisy.publisher.URL" value="http://publish:publish@cocoon.zones.apache.org:9263/publisher/"/>
>

> Hi Ross,
> Sorry for the personal mail but in the wild case that I might be on to
> something it's probably best not to advertise it.

Wise. I've sent the reply to the dev list though, just in case anyone
else has the same thought.

> Anyway, this url
> appears to be carrying credentials on the front and I just wanted to
> point it out just in case it was a goof.

You are correct. However this user only has read access, which anyone
has even without registering. A user must be supplied for the publisher
so I created one with the same access levels as a guest.

Potentially a very good catch though - thanks.

Ross

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
> >>+   <!-- The URL of the Daisy publisher -->
> >>+   <property name="daisy.publisher.URL"
> >>value="http://publish:publish@cocoon.zones.apache.org:9263/publisher/"/>
> >
> >Hi Ross,
> >Sorry for the personal mail but in the wild case that I might be on to
> >something it's probably best not to advertise it.
>
> Wise. I've sent the reply to the dev list though, just in case anyone
> else has the same thought.

Good one Tim. In cases like this it would be better
to Cc to our PMC rather than going personal.

-David