Posted to user@commons.apache.org by tubin gen <fa...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/03 16:39:47 UTC

utils for notnulll

I have  a form with start date and end date  fields,  form makes sense only
if both the fields are present,any one of tow is null it is not right , I am
wondering there is any   util which checks if both the values are not null ,

I can write the code to check if start date is not null and  end date id
null add error message , and vice versa , is there any such util present or
do I have to write one ?

Re: utils for notnulll

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 7:39 AM, tubin gen<fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have  a form with start date and end date  fields,  form makes sense only
> if both the fields are present,any one of tow is null it is not right , I am
> wondering there is any   util which checks if both the values are not null ,
>
> I can write the code to check if start date is not null and  end date id
> null add error message , and vice versa , is there any such util present or
> do I have to write one ?

Nope. Things like Lang's StringUtils.isEmpty (null or empty String)
can be useful here but you would need to handle the &&; and Validator
can be useful in a larger architectural sense.

Hen