Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Garcia <SG...@qrs.com> on 2003/09/24 00:12:32 UTC

Multiple Source Paths

I am "mavenizing" my application we use at work.

I believe I've made a good attempt to solve my problem by reading through
the Maven archives and and the MavenWiki site.  But I still encountering
problems.

My application at work has several source directories, both for our
application source and our unittest source.  I am trying to get all of the
standard Maven reports to run (correctly) and some of them fail, even after
modifying their jelly.plugins file.

I used "maven:addPath" to build up my source tree, and it basically works.
However the maven:addPath goals are attained in my java:compile preGoal tag,
and I really want those addPath declarations to occur *anytime* maven does
any goal.  I want to force maven to build these paths for any task, so all
plugins are consistently using the same "maven.compile.src.set" property.

For instance maven javadoc only goes against the first dir I specified, not
my complete fileset.

Is there a way to specify some script for any goal?  Like "before doing any
maven goal, execute this goal" and the specified goal I would build up my
"maven.compile.src.set" and "maven.test.compile.src.set" path ids.

Thanks, Steve

Re: Multiple Source Paths

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
"Steve Garcia" <SG...@qrs.com> wrote on 24/09/2003 08:12:32 AM:

> I am "mavenizing" my application we use at work.
>
> I believe I've made a good attempt to solve my problem by reading
through
> the Maven archives and and the MavenWiki site.  But I still encountering
> problems.
>
> My application at work has several source directories, both for our
> application source and our unittest source.  I am trying to get all of
the
> standard Maven reports to run (correctly) and some of them fail, even
after
> modifying their jelly.plugins file.
>
> I used "maven:addPath" to build up my source tree, and it basically
works.
> However the maven:addPath goals are attained in my java:compile preGoal
tag,
> and I really want those addPath declarations to occur *anytime* maven
does
> any goal.  I want to force maven to build these paths for any task, so
all
> plugins are consistently using the same "maven.compile.src.set"
property.

> For instance maven javadoc only goes against the first dir I specified,
not
> my complete fileset.

Almost all of Maven assumes a SINGLE source directory.

> Is there a way to specify some script for any goal?  Like "before doing
any
> maven goal, execute this goal" and the specified goal I would build up
my
> "maven.compile.src.set" and "maven.test.compile.src.set" path ids.

Put it in maven.xml outside of a goal.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting