Posted to cvs@cocoon.apache.org by he...@apache.org on 2005/08/17 13:10:11 UTC

svn commit: r233158 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/installing: index.xml jars.xml requirements.xml tests.xml updating.xml

Author: hepabolu
Date: Wed Aug 17 04:10:04 2005
New Revision: 233158

Log:
Verified to be up-to-date in Daisy repository on http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/

Removed:
    cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/installing/index.xml
    cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/installing/jars.xml
    cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/installing/requirements.xml
    cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/installing/tests.xml
    cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/installing/updating.xml

Re: Bundled Docs, Was: svn commit: r233158 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/installing: index.xml

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Upayavira wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Probably release should have then snapshot of daisy docs, and docs
>> webapp should change accordingly.
>
> Either include the docs from Daisy, or include the generated HTML. I'd
> probably go with the latter. A shame that Cocoon can't, by itself,
> generate its own docs,

Why "can't"? How hard would it be to write some xslt transforming daisy format
to html? :-)

> but, more important is that there are docs
> available in the download.

Good.

Vadim

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Upayavira wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> hepabolu@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> Log:
>>> Verified to be up-to-date in Daisy repository on
>>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/
>>>
>>> Removed:
>>>
>>> cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/installing/index.xml
>>>

>>> cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/installing/jars.xml
>>

>> Got me thinking... Do we have a plan on how to bundle the docs into
>> the Cocoon 2.1.8 release download?
>>
>> Probably release should have then snapshot of daisy docs, and docs
>> webapp should change accordingly.
>

> Either include the docs from Daisy, or include the generated HTML. I'd
> probably go with the latter. A shame that Cocoon can't, by itself,
> generate its own docs, but, more important is that there are docs
> available in the download.

I've got the Docs being produced from daisy, there is a small problem at
the moment because Daisy has changed the HTTP API in version 1.3. I need
to modify the plugin to use the new API (which unfortunately is not as
trivial as it sounds).

I'm really busy at the moment but I should be able to get onto this next
week.

Is there a proposed date for the 2.1.8 release?

Ross

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> hepabolu@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Log:
>> Verified to be up-to-date in Daisy repository on
>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/
>>
>> Removed:
>>
>> cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/installing/index.xml
>>
>> cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/installing/jars.xml
>

> Got me thinking... Do we have a plan on how to bundle the docs into the
> Cocoon 2.1.8 release download?
>
> Probably release should have then snapshot of daisy docs, and docs
> webapp should change accordingly.

Either include the docs from Daisy, or include the generated HTML. I'd
probably go with the latter. A shame that Cocoon can't, by itself,
generate its own docs, but, more important is that there are docs
available in the download.

Regards, Upayavira

Bundled Docs, Was: svn commit: r233158 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/xdocs/installing: index.xml

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.