Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org> on 2002/06/06 22:16:57 UTC

Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: Performance of Apache 2.0 Filter

> Actually - depending on the platform also:

What platform is this? I'm dubious of these results, given the negative
numbers for transfered bytes and transfer rate.

Also, be sure to run your tests from a different machine, and make sure
that you aren't maxing out your client.

Last note is you really should use the newest version of AB (and report
the version you're using for these tests). I made some significant
changes to AB recently that dramatically improved its ability to
multiplex multiple connections.

Thanks for the reports,
-aaron

Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: Performance of Apache 2.0 Filter

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> What platform is this? I'm dubious of these results, given the negative
> numbers for transfered bytes and transfer rate.

Which reminds me... once upon a time I had some patches in my tree to
change ab to use unsigned numbers for those... but I guess I never
finished it.  Maybe it's time to dig that back up again.

--Cliff