Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Diana Fu <di...@nexsi.com> on 2000/08/16 01:02:15 UTC

url mapping problem

i'm learning to run the hello app that was used in the "Developing
Application with Tomcat" doc,
and am running into url mapping problems.

in usr/tomcat/conf/tomcat.conf, i added:
ApJServMount /myapp /root
<Location /myapp/WEB-INF/ >
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
</Location>

in usr/tomcat/conf/server.xml, i added:
        <Context path="/myapp" docBase="webapps/myapp" debug="0"
reloadable="true">
        </Context>

in usr/tomcat/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/web.xml, i have:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>HelloServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>Hello</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>HelloServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/hello</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

i can get to the servlet by going to
http://localhost/myapp/servlet/Hello as expected.
however, http://localhost/myapp/hello returns:
Not Found
The requested URL /myapp/hello was not found on this server.

it appears that the servlet url mapping isn't working.  what did i do
wrong?

thanks,

diana

Re: url mapping problem

Posted by Diana Fu <di...@nexsi.com>.
from what i understand, port 8080 is for tomcat running stand-alone.
i want apache to pass the request on to tomcat via the standard httpd
port.
(and yes,  what you proposed would work, but my problem is that
myapp/hello url mapping
doesn't work)
thanks.