Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Jonah Bossewitch <jo...@sonatainc.com> on 2001/05/10 21:35:03 UTC

alternative to the classpath shuffle?

Hi

I too was burned by Tomcat's global classpath feature.  Not surprisingly
Tomcat's inability to create a truly isolated context has affected users
other than soap.

I ran across one person's solution
http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/archive/view?mesg=27908 that seemed
like a good idea and was wondering if you thought it would be feasible to
adapt this solution to SOAP.  I think that all that needs to be done is
modify the rpcrouter servlet to create its own classloader with the correct
Xerces on it's classpath and make sure to use this to load XMLParserLiason,
say in it's init method...  Before I embark on this endeavor I was wondering
if anyone had any thoughts on this strategy?

Something along these lines might even be a good feature to include when
specifying an particular parser to use in the web.xml init params.

(Here people are hesitant to insert any particular parser at the front of
the classpath since they are worried it might effect other contexts.  Also,
has Tomcat been thoroughly tested with the Xerces < 1.3.1 implementation
instead of the parser that it ships with?)

Just wondering
Jonah