Posted to user@flink.apache.org by subash basnet <ya...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/12 17:52:10 UTC

Master Thesis [Apache-flink paper references]

Hello all,

I am currently doing master's thesis on Apache-flink. It would be really
helpful to know about the reference papers followed for the
development/background of flink.
It would help me build a solid background knowledge to analyze flink.

Currently I am reading all the related materials found in internet and
flink/data-artisan materials provided.
Could you please suggest me.

Best Regards,
Subash Basnet

Re: Master Thesis [Apache-flink paper references]

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi!

What Flink implements on the Streaming side is not part of Stratosphere any
more, so unfortunately not linked on that website.

Here are some pointers:

  - Fault tolerance: http://arxiv.org/abs/1506.08603

  - The streaming model (windows / event time) is based on the Dataflow
model:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/matei/courses/2015/6.S897/readings/google-dataflow.pdf

  - The CEP library is inspired by
https://people.cs.umass.edu/~yanlei/publications/sase-sigmod08.pdf