Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2009/01/27 17:38:17 UTC

Performance note.

Brief note,

Some of guys that work here on our realtime side of the house have made
some improvements in
the Linux kernel, which are part of our Red Hat MRG distribution.

The more general interesting part is that one aspect was back-ported to
RHEL 5.3 called private
futexes. This requires no re-compile etc. If you run RHEL, just update
to 5.3 and qpidd will
perform up to 20% better on throughput for high rates (> 500,000
Msg/sec) or high concurrency loads.
Latency is seems un-affected by this update, still at ~60us for RDMA and
180us for 10G.

enjoy
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org