Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/23 00:27:54 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] How to define Lbfactor in case of lbmethod = byrequests & lbmethod = bytraffic

i don't think lbfactor is related to the method but more to the servers
hardware:

lbfactor - weighed-round-robin load balancing where high lbfactor means
stronger machine (that is going to handle more requests)

so if A and B are identical in terms of hardware you use same lbfactor

Posted by Tushar Chavan <tu...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

But if there are two machines A & B. How Apache will come to know which one is stronger?
Do we need to define it somewhere?

Best Regards,
Tushar