Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Siffert, Erich" <Er...@thomson.com> on 2004/06/16 13:51:24 UTC

Session handling: recommended method?

Hi everybody,

Just started with a project where we will enable
access to a CICS running on a ibm host through SOAP.

The clients will have to authenticate themselves so
the session between the Axis client and server has to
use some kind of session handling (the states and
connections etc. once established should be reused in
following requests).

So here my question and concerns:
which session handling method should be used, resp.
promises to be the best?
- the session handler from Axis
(org.apache.axis.session, Session and SimpleSession)
- the HTTP session handling (it is 99,9999% sure that
this application will only use http as transport -
smtp or ftp or whatever will not be feasible for that
kind of application)
- a homegrown, selfwritten session handling?

What happens if eg. .NET clients (or whatever) are
accessing the Axis server? Will they handle the
sessions properly?
The same: if eg. a .NET client accesses the axis
server with HTTP session handling, will this be
handled properly (sending/receiving cookies)?

I would appreciate every kind of recommendation, good
and bad experiences and comments very much.
Thanks a lot and best regards
Erich

Re: Session handling: recommended method?

Posted by Srinivas Vemula <sr...@mensamind.com>.
You can use SimpleSession with a little tweaking with .NET clients also.
Srini

--
Srinivas Vemula                          +91 40 23547826- Ext 201
Associate Consultant                     +91 40 23541447 (Fax)

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or take any further action in reliance on it. You should delete it and notify the sender immediately.