Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/01 03:51:28 UTC

Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC2 is out

Hi,

After a long and painful labor the baby is out.  Thanks to the many
contributors and a growing community with have 133 issues resolved in
this version and a stable product.

Please find the binary distribution here:
http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC2/maven2
and the site distribution at:
http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC2/site

I hope you'll have a great experience with it and this is the final RC
for the 1.3.0 release.

Enjoy,
Hadrian

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC2 is out

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 03/03/2008, Magnus Heino <ma...@filur.org> wrote:
> Why are the jars and poms named 1.3.0 and not 1.3.0-RC2??? Makes them not so
>  usable, atleast not in my environment :-P

The idea is once we've voted on a release, it becomes the final 1.3.0
release - without having to cut another release build.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC2 is out

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 03/03/2008, Magnus Heino <ma...@filur.org> wrote:
> Yes, but if I add this to our company wide Artifactory proxy, people will
>  start downloading it as 1.3.0
>
>  If you then change it, and still label it 1.3.0, noone will notice, and I
>  will have to inform people to manually delete it from their local
>  repositories.

I hear you - the main purpose of this temporary build is as input to
the VOTE; which should result in the real 1.3.0 release. Hopefully
this will be completed soon!

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC2 is out

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I agree.  I think it was a bad idea to advertise it on the users list.
At least, there should have been a big warning that this is not yet an official
release.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Magnus Heino <ma...@filur.org>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Magnus Heino <ma...@filur.org>.

--

 /Magnus Heino

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC2 is out

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 03/03/2008, Jonathan Anstey <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> James Strachan wrote:
>  > On 01/03/2008, Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >> Hi,
>  >>
>  >>  After a long and painful labor the baby is out.  Thanks to the many
>  >>  contributors and a growing community with have 133 issues resolved in
>  >>  this version and a stable product.
>  >>
>  >>  Please find the binary distribution here:
>  >>  http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC2/maven2
>  >>  and the site distribution at:
>  >>  http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC2/site
>  >>
>  >>  I hope you'll have a great experience with it and this is the final RC
>  >>  for the 1.3.0 release.
>  >>
>  >
>  > Looks good - nice work Hadrian.
>  >
>  > Only downsides I can see
>  >
>  > * no doc directory containing user guide or javadoc
>  >

> Probably due to ssh keys not being set up correctly for
>  people.apache.org. I think the website rsync in apache-camel/pom.xml
>  will not work if it prompts for a user name and password.

Ah great, thanks!

We should probably disable the website rsync now - as we've the PDF
user guide that is OK (though needs some contributions to help reuse
more wiki content if anyone fancies helping out! :)

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC2 is out

Posted by Jonathan Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
James Strachan wrote:
> On 01/03/2008, Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>  After a long and painful labor the baby is out.  Thanks to the many
>>  contributors and a growing community with have 133 issues resolved in
>>  this version and a stable product.
>>
>>  Please find the binary distribution here:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC2/maven2
>>  and the site distribution at:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC2/site
>>
>>  I hope you'll have a great experience with it and this is the final RC
>>  for the 1.3.0 release.
>>

> Looks good - nice work Hadrian.
>
> Only downsides I can see
>
> * no doc directory containing user guide or javadoc

Probably due to ssh keys not being set up correctly for
people.apache.org. I think the website rsync in apache-camel/pom.xml
will not work if it prompts for a user name and password.
> * examples/pom.xml-e  - what is that? :)

Came from MacOSX's version of sed. I've updated
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Release+Guide with the
correct command for MacOSX.

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC2 is out

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 06/03/2008, Arjan Moraal <na...@ajmoraal.fastmail.net> wrote:
>  Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
>  >
>  > I hope you'll have a great experience with it and this is the final RC
>  > for the 1.3.0 release.
>  >

> Good work!
>  Unfortunately camel-groovy still seems to be missing from the
>  apache-camel-1.3.0.zip file?
>  http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Please-help-check-Camel-1.3.0-RC1-p14917200s22882.html

Good catch - I've just patched the assembly to fix this now I think
--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC2 is out

Posted by Arjan Moraal <na...@ajmoraal.fastmail.net>.

Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:

> I hope you'll have a great experience with it and this is the final RC
> for the 1.3.0 release.

Good work!
Unfortunately camel-groovy still seems to be missing from the
apache-camel-1.3.0.zip file?
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Please-help-check-Camel-1.3.0-RC1-p14917200s22882.html

Thanks,
Arjan