Posted to user@trafodion.apache.org by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn> on 2016/04/06 17:27:51 UTC

How to specify default charset of column in DDL create table?

Hi, all,

When create a table in Trafodion, by default, CHAR/VARCHAR columns will have ISO88591 as charset. Is there any way to change this default behavior, so by default, create table will have UTF8 as charset,without explicitly specify in DDL.

Thanks,
Ming

Re: How to specify default charset of column in DDL create table?

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Does this CQD apply to the CREATE PROCEDURE statement too?

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Anoop Sharma <an...@esgyn.com> wrote:

> cqd traf_default_col_charset ‘UTF8’;

Gunnar

RE: How to specify default charset of column in DDL create table?

Posted by Anoop Sharma <an...@esgyn.com>.