Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by mi...@me.com.INVALID on 2019/09/06 06:46:05 UTC

NMS AMQP Client

Hi All,

There has been some real sterling work and collaboration on updating the .NET client offering, with some of our .net community progressing the NMS AMQP client, and is really at a great place ready for release.

As such i will be looking to start a release early next week.

If any last bits and bobs need adding please pr them if you want them in this release.

Best

Mike

Get Outlook for Android

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I believe so yes, notice that my comments were always specifically
about the serialized object payload messages.

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by Krzysztof <h4...@gmail.com>.
Ok Robbie, I am going to apply your suggestions. Thank you for your insight.

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by Krzysztof <h4...@gmail.com>.

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by Krzysztof <h4...@gmail.com>.

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by Krzysztof <h4...@gmail.com>.
I've checked it and I can confirm, that object type messages sent by
NMS-amqp, are recognized by qpid-jms as object messages, and they cannot be
interpreted as bytes messages with the current implementation.
Unfortunately, if we skip x-opt-jms-msg-type header for them in order to
let qpid-jms to fallback to byte message type, we will end up with exactly
the same behavior in nms. We will have to come up with the solution that
satisfies both parties. My inclination would be, as Michael and myself
suggested, to go with our own header and relay on fallback mechanism when
talking to jms.

I'm open to your thoughts and suggestion, though.

All the best,
Krzysztof Porebski

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 7:01 PM <mi...@me.com.invalid> wrote:

> A nms specific one seems reasonable compromise here and would give some
> sort of consistency
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 3:43 PM +0100, "Krzysztof" <h4...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> I see what you mean but wouldn't it be a bit strange if we skipped this
> stamp for this particular type of message and left it for other types. If
> we change the annotation to nms specific we could keep messages consistent,
> and as you pointed out, jms would be still able to infer types from the
> content of the payload.
>
> I'm not implying that this is the best solution, just thinking out loud.
>
> On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 4:27 PM Robbie Gemmell
> wrote:
>
> > They arent really interoperable overall and thats fine, its just the
> > specific manner in this case which would be the issue...since the NMS
> > client seems like it would stamp its object message with an annotation
> > saying the contents are a JMS ObjectMessage when it clearly isn't.
> >
> > I'm not saying the NMS client needs its own annotation, just that it
> > shouldnt explicitly set the one from the JMS mapping in a clearly
> > invalid manner (as it appears it would in this case) and so should
> > instead omit the annotation in that case.
> >
> > Robbie
> >
> > On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 at 14:47, Krzysztof  wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Robbie,
> > >
> > > I assumed, maybe too preemptively, that object messages shouldn't be
> > > interoperable between jms and nms as JVM and CLR are not binary
> > compatible.
> > >
> > > Regarding to "x-opt-jms-msg-type" annotations, are you inclining that
> it
> > > might be a better idea to introduce our own annotations for nms, e.i.
> > > "x-opt-nms-msg-type"?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Krzysztof Porebski

> and

> poke
> and

> serialized

> updating
> > the
> > NMS

> > them in

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by mi...@me.com.INVALID.

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I dont think it would be all that strange to set it when its
appropriate/valid to do so but omit it when it isnt. You could omit it
in other cases, as could the JMS client itself and maybe it will in
future. I'm only really interested here with it not being set to an
innapropriate/invalid value on these particular messages with
serialised dotnet object content. I'd probably avoid creating a new
annotation unelss/until actually required.

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by Krzysztof <h4...@gmail.com>.

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by Krzysztof <h4...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robbie,

> [...]

> the JMS client wont be able to return such content to an application.
> Omitting the annotation when sending such serialized dotnet message
> payload would allow it to be treated as a BytesMessage on a receiving
> JMS client (due to the unknown content type) and then at least the
> application could retrieve the raw payload and do what it likes with
> it.
>
> Robbie
>
> On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 at 07:46,  wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >

> > There has been some real sterling work and collaboration on updating the
> .NET client offering, with some of our .net community progressing the NMS
> AMQP client, and is really at a great place ready for release.
> >

> > As such i will be looking to start a release early next week.
> >

> > If any last bits and bobs need adding please pr them if you want them in

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by mi...@me.com.INVALID.

Re: NMS AMQP Client

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.