Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by mohanad al-shayeb <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2005/02/18 19:25:22 UTC

newbie..!

Hi guys,

I am a newbie with Jetspeed2. I have tried to follow every instruction I
found in your wiki and your site. Unfortunatley, I am getting this error:

[Thread-1] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.engine.AbstractEngine -
with name 'java.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory' defined in URL
[file:/J:/Program Files/Apache
Group/jakarta-tomcat-5/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/assembly/jetspeed-spring.xml]:
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.PreferencesException: Failed to initialize prefs
api.  org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException:
Could not create OJB transaction; nested exception is
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.LookupException: SQLException thrown while
trying to get Connection from Datasource (java:comp/env/jdbc/jetspeed)

I  am using JDK 1.5 and Tomcat-5.5.7. I did not change any thing in the
database section in the HS DB section in the build.properities file. And I
do run the database by "maven start.production.server"

And here is my build.properties file contents:

# jetspeed 2 home required for build
org.apache.jetspeed.project.home =
E:\old_d\application\programming\apache\Jetspeed\jetspeed\jakarta-jetspeed-2
#/projects/apache/jakarta-jetspeed-2

# jetspeed required properties
#${CATALINA_HOME}/
org.apache.jetspeed.server.home = J:/Program Files/Apache
Group/jakarta-tomcat-5
org.apache.jetspeed.catalina.version.major = 5
org.apache.jetspeed.server.shared =
${org.apache.jetspeed.server.home}/shared/lib
org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.war.dir =
${org.apache.jetspeed.server.home}/webapps
org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.user = j2deployer
org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.password = j2deployer

# jetspeed db build properties example for Hsqldb
# Override the database connection and driverproperties in your
${USER_HOME}/build.properties appropriately
# See:
#   http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/database.html

org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.url = jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://127.0.0.1:9001
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.driver = org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.user = sa
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.password =

org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.drivers.path=
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.default.name=hsql
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.ojb.platform=Hsqldb

org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url =
jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://127.0.0.1:9001
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver = org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user = sa
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password =

org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path=
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name=hsql
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.ojb.platform=Hsqldb

Thanx in advance for your help!

Cheers :)