Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Zeldor <pg...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/06 10:17:05 UTC

PropertyModel not refreshing

Hi,

I have a form with labels that use PropertyModel. They work fine when I test
them locally - when I click on submit button I get proper refreshed values
in labels. But when I deploy my app it does not work, I still get old
values. Where can be the problem? I am using Wicket 1.4.17 and deploying on
Google AppEngine.

My code:

Form<String> buildHousesForm = new Form<String>("buildHousesForm", new
Model<String>())
add(new Label("houses_amount",  new PropertyModel(MySession.get().getUser(),
"village")));

Re: PropertyModel not refreshing

Posted by Zeldor <pg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I will give it a try :)

Re: PropertyModel not refreshing

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Might have something to do with when the session is created and/or
serialized.

> And won't it negatively affect performance?

I'm not sure what you mean by "it", but the AbstractReadOnlyModel is
faster than a PropertyModel (no reflection involved).

HTH
Sven

Posted by Zeldor <pg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

you're probably holding on an outdated user object, use this instead:

  add(new Label("houses_amount",
      new AbstractReadOnlyModel<String>() {
        public String getObject() {
          return MySession.get().getUser().getVillage();
        }
      }));

Sven