Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Krasi Zlatev <kr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/24 13:07:00 UTC

X Windows and Tomcat

Why when I close X Windows, Tomcat exits?

Thank you!

=====
Krasi Zlatev
Enjoy!

http://personals.yahoo.com

Re: X Windows and Tomcat

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
>     Krasi, you need to install a dummie Xserver named Xvfb. With this
> Xserver running you can shut your Xwindows without stopping tomcat.

Shouldn't Tomcat keep on running? Or better yet, daemonize itself?

Nix.

Re: X Windows and Tomcat

Posted by Gustavo Lima <li...@opengate.com.br>.
    Krasi, you need to install a dummie Xserver named Xvfb. With this
Xserver running you can shut your Xwindows without stopping tomcat.

You´re welcome

Gustavo

OPENGATE Gustavo P. M. Lima Supervisor de Sistemas http://www.opendf.com.br
gustavop@opendf.com.br