Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Russ Tremain <Ru...@Sun.COM> on 2006/12/14 12:33:46 UTC

regression in maven-dependency plugin has broken our builds

looks like someone released a new snapshot of the maven-dependency plugin
that has a regression:

                 <executions>
                     <execution>
                         <id>generate-sources</id>
                         <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                         <configuration>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.outputDirectory}/lib</outputDirectory>
                             <stripVersion>true</stripVersion>

The <stripVersion> element no longer has the desired effect.

Unfortunately, this has broken multiple codeline builds and halted
development, as we rely heavily on this feature for packaging.

Not sure what the best way to recover from this is.

Any ideas?  There are lots of versions on the SNAPSHOT here:

http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/2.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT/

But I've never understood if it is possible to call out a earlier version.

I guess I will try to populate an internal repository with a working version.

tia,
-Russ

Re: regression in maven-dependency plugin has broken our builds

Posted by Russ Tremain <Ru...@Sun.COM>.
At 3:46 PM +0100 12/14/06, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
>you can depend on an explicit dated version

yes - I figured that out.  I thought I had tried it before and it hadn't worked.
saved me big time for this incident:

                <plugin>
                    <version>2.0-alpha-1-20061114.043217-3</version>
                    <inherited>true</inherited>
                </plugin>
/r

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.