Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Nilupul Sandeep <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/25 15:06:05 UTC

(MARMOTTA - 587) KiWi support for Crate DB.

Hello Sergio Fernández,
I just added 'Creating Crate DB plugins for scalar functions required to
implement KiWiDialect' to the project as Crate.io does not cover all the
scalar functions required to implement KiWiDialect. There is only 5 hours
left to upload the final proposal. So I'm uploading my final proposal. I am
really grateful you for helping me to improve my proposal. I changed my
proposal to suitable for TDD approach, as you suggested. Maybe there are
some flaws. But basically my idea was to implement test cases before adding
any new codes to the source code. I hope I will be accepted to work on this
project. And i will try my best to finish this project successfully.
Thank you!

--
*Nilupul Sandeepa*,
Undergraduate,

Re: (MARMOTTA - 587) KiWi support for Crate DB.

Posted by Nilupul Sandeep <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I will break that period of time into shorter milestones.
Thank you alot for you support.

Re: (MARMOTTA - 587) KiWi support for Crate DB.

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@redlink.co>.
Hi Nilupul,

I'm not (yet?) the mentor of the project.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Nilupul Sandeep <ni...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I just added 'Creating Crate DB plugins for scalar functions required to
> implement KiWiDialect' to the project as Crate.io does not cover all the
> scalar functions required to implement KiWiDialect.

Good point.

> There is only 5 hours
> left to upload the final proposal. So I'm uploading my final proposal. I am
> really grateful you for helping me to improve my proposal.

There is still the issue about the May 18 – July 18 period. You should
split into smaller milestones that time.

> I changed my
> proposal to suitable for TDD approach, as you suggested. Maybe there are
> some flaws. But basically my idea was to implement test cases before adding
> any new codes to the source code.

The earlier you start testing the best for your results.

> I hope I will be accepted to work on this
> project. And i will try my best to finish this project successfully.

Then let's see if someone offer to mentor the project. I didn't wanted to
do it this year, too much work to do, but let's see...

Good work with the proposal, Nilupul.