Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Carl Wyles <ro...@kdsl207.dnvr.uswest.net> on 2000/10/20 13:25:26 UTC

mod_perl & Apache 1.3.14, apaci config broken

I have narrowed it down to the src/include/httpd.h file no longer
including a static string of the Apache/mods version. This causes
Makefile.PL to fail with a message:

     Apache Version 1.3.0 required, aborting...

OUCH!

This causes a failure in the make and thus mod_perl does not compile.

Since the define for SERVER_VERSION/SERVER_BASEVERSION is based on
previous definitions of $defines may I point you to this define for a fix?

(From source code httpd.h)
/* Numeric release version identifier: MMNNFFRBB: major minor fix final beta
 * Always increases along the same track as the source branch.
 * For example, Apache 1.4.2 would be '10402100', 2.5b7 would be '20500007'.
 */
#define APACHE_RELEASE 10314100
(end snip)

I was able to compile a version by adding a line to Makefile.PL in the
httpd_version sub, that forces it to find the right version (no I will not
provide it, it was a ugly hack)

(geek code: mod_perl-->+++, perl-->+++)

Given enough time I could provide a fix but I figured you might be able
to do so MUCH faster than me at this point.

Given the nature of the problem - this might affect other modules written
for Apache as well.