Posted to commits@myfaces.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/10/19 16:36:05 UTC

[Myfaces Wiki] Update of "October2009Report" by MatthiasWessendorf

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Myfaces Wiki" for change notification.

The "October2009Report" page has been changed by MatthiasWessendorf.
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/October2009Report?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

   * Discussions

  = Community =
+  * New committer:
+   * Curtiss Howard
+   * another vote just passed, ICLA is now on file. invitation to be send out soon
+  * No new PMC members,
+  * Some new contributors (e.g. on Trinidad 2.0 stuff)

  = Releases =
+  * MyFaces (sub) projects with new releases since the last report:
+   * MyFaces Trinidad (Maven) Plugins 1.2.10
+   * MyFaces Trinidad CORE 1.0.11
+   * MyFaces Trinidad CORE 1.2.12
+   * MyFaces Tobago 1.0.22
+   * MyFaces Tobago 1.0.23

  = Discussions =
   * More on the "logger vote" (for details check our July2009 report): The original vote was to replace commons-logging with the Java Util Logger (jul). Current situation in MyFaces is that some projects use different loggers:
    * Apache MyFaces Trinidad => JUL (+ a little facade for i18n)
+   * CORE 2.0 => JUL
-   * Core,Tomahawk,Tobago => commons-logging
+   * Core (for 1.x),Tomahawk,Tobago => commons-logging
  Now, the vote was to replace the commons-logger by JUL (like Trinidad has), but some other project want to use slf4j. Finally agreement is that we (the myfaces community) are now +1 to go away from commons-logger. This suggestion (http://markmail.org/message/5rrjzerkzuqtymxg) we agreed on (no more mails means agreed). Seriously, as there are tons and gazillions of different loggers, votes (and discussions) on loggers are always fun...
+  * Work on Trinidad 2.0 (based on JSF 2.0) started. This branch requires now JDK 1.6. We also got new contributions in that area.
+  * A scripting subproject has been created. Currently the work is on getting the groovy support bridge stable. This may become part of the MyFaces core stuff
+ but for now this is an extra module
+  * The MyFaces PMC is trying to get another guy -Werner Punz- to join the JSF expert group (as a backup for Martin Marinschek), however there is NO response from the expert group (and its lead). Not sure how this can be solved in the future.