Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Christian Ashby <an...@cashby.me.uk> on 2004/08/20 11:08:49 UTC

AnsiColorLogger on WinXP

Hi,
	Is there any way to get the AnsiColorLogger to work on NT? It also doesn't
seem to work on 4NT, which claims to support ANSI...

Thanks,

Christian Ashby
Spiralinks, Inc.

Re: AnsiColorLogger on WinXP

Posted by Ivan Ivanov <ra...@yahoo.com>.
--- Christian Ashby <an...@cashby.me.uk> wrote:

> Yes, I saw that. The question was 'Is there any way
> to get [it] to work on
> NT' - The answer may well be no;

I do not know. I seldom use that Logger and I have no
Windows to test it there.

>if that's the case
> then I may consider
> trying to write a DosAnsiColorLogger or similar...
>
> It's something that would be invaluable, and I know
> that things from cygwin
> (eg ls) can format in color. (I've tried running ant
> via bash; this doesn't
> work either)

I ran the logger via bash in X window (ant -logger
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.AnsiColorLogger) and it
color the ouptut.

Posted by Christian Ashby <an...@cashby.me.uk>.
> Hello,
> the following note is taken directly from [1]:
> NOTE: It (AnsiColorLogger) doesn't work on WinNT even
> when a COMMAND.COM console loaded with ANSI.SYS is
> used.
> May be this might be your problem.
>
> [1]http://ant.apache.org/manual/listeners.html#AnsiColorLogger

Yes, I saw that. The question was 'Is there any way to get [it] to work on
NT' - The answer may well be no; if that's the case then I may consider

Posted by Ivan Ivanov <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,