Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Morahg, Yoav" <ym...@gist.com> on 2000/08/09 19:20:31 UTC

Handler Thread Problem

Hi.

I am getting the exception below with Tomcat 3.1 (w/Apache 1.3.12 and
Solaris 8). I believe this has something to do with writing out data since
it comes from org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream but I'm not
sure. I thought I might be sending too much data to the out stream, but I
commented out the code the outputs to the page and I still get this message.
Does anyone know what this means???

Also, I thought I might be running out of memory, so I set the properties:

	wrapper.bin.parameters=-Xms=128
	wrapper.bin.parameters=-Xmx=256

in my tomcat.properties file. Does anyone know how I can find out if these
options actually worked?

Thanks so much,
-Yoav

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12ResponseAdapter.sendStatus(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpResponseAdapter.endHeaders(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.sendHeaders(BufferedServl
etOutputStream.java:127)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.reallyFlush(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.close(BufferedServletOutp
utStream.java:258)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.close(OutputStreamWriter.java:252)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.close(PrintWriter.java:138)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ResponseImpl.finish(ResponseImpl.java:176)
        at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:158)
        at
)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:485)

Yoav Morahg
Software Engineer
Gist Communications
(212) 965-1999 xt 122