Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by David Arthur <mu...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/22 16:51:04 UTC

KafkaStream, ConsumerConnector, and 0.8

By centralizing offset management (with the new Commit/FetchOffsets
APIs), consuming is now much simpler and no longer relies on clients
connecting directly to ZooKeeper.

As such, I'm wondering what the fate of ZookeeperConsumerConnector is.
Will it continue to be supported, or will it be replaced by a non-ZK
implementation (one that uses SimpleConsumer maybe?).

Re: KafkaStream, ConsumerConnector, and 0.8

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
> As such, I'm wondering what the fate of ZookeeperConsumerConnector is.
> Will it continue to be supported, or will it be replaced by a non-ZK
> implementation (one that uses SimpleConsumer maybe?).

We've been collecting feedback on a client re-design proposal for Kafka
0.9. Feel free to add comments on the wikis.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Client+Re-Design

Server side consumer co-ordination -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Detailed+Consumer+Coordinator+Design

Thanks,