Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by op...@navyaprabha.com on 2011/05/22 16:49:00 UTC

memcached_remap plugin

Hi Developers,

Based on the work done by Eric Balsa, i have created memcached_remap
plugin which works with memcached for its remap urls.

I have locally tested this and seem to give 3x more performance w.r.t
mysql variant (not apple to apple comparison).

This plugin is still in the early development phase, any feedback is
appreciated.

Also, how do i get this plugin added to the svn (under
trafficserver/plugins) ?

Thank You
opensource@nayvaprabha.com

Re: memcached_remap plugin

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 05/22/2011 08:49 AM, opensource@navyaprabha.com wrote:
> Hi Developers,
>
> Based on the work done by Eric Balsa, i have created memcached_remap
> plugin which works with memcached for its remap urls.
>
> I have locally tested this and seem to give 3x more performance w.r.t
> mysql variant (not apple to apple comparison).
>
> This plugin is still in the early development phase, any feedback is
> appreciated.
>
> Also, how do i get this plugin added to the svn (under
> trafficserver/plugins) ?

File a Jira ticket (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS), attach
the diffs and make sure to grant ASF rights to it. Since this is a
significant piece of code (more than just a small patch), signing an
ICLA might also be prudent (http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt).

Cheers,

-- leif