Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Davidson, DeAnna" <DD...@ObjectVideo.com> on 2003/01/30 18:03:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache HTTP Server 2 and Windows XP Embedded

Has anyone attempted to install Apache on a Windows XP Embedded system?
I'm trying but it doesn't seem to be working out very well.  It seems
that everything happens fine on the install (no surprises in the install
log), but the service will not start.  Looking at the error log wasn't
of any particular help.  Log info as follows:

[Thu Jan 30 10:50:35 2003] [crit] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file
specified.  : Parent: Unable to connect child stdout to NUL.

[Thu Jan 30 10:50:35 2003] [crit] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file
specified.  : master_main: create child process failed. Exiting.

[Thu Jan 30 10:50:35 2003] [notice] Parent: Forcing termination of child
process 2539104

Also, I thought I read somewhere that in order for Apache to work on XP
Professional, it needed SP1, but I can't seem to find the place that I
read that.  Can someone verify that for me?  My thinking is that by
extension, I would also need XP Embedded SP1 if that is really the case.

TIA,

DeAnna Davidson