Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pavan Kumar Choukhada <pa...@netcore.co.in> on 2005/03/02 14:37:36 UTC

[Fwd: Re: stub and skelton]

Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Website:  http://www.netcore.co.in
Spamtraps: http://cleanmail.netcore.co.in/directory.html

Re: [Fwd: Re: stub and skelton]

Posted by jayachandra <ja...@gmail.com>.
What you have in server-config.wsdd is the class which can help deployment
update itself with the description of operation etc. Instead of a skeleton if
you try to give the actual impl class itself in that location, then
the service itself might not get deployed.
For removing any doubts on the need for skeleton, just open up the
skeleton that WSDL2Java creates with -Strue option for any standard
wsdl and see the significant amount of code that is present in it that
talks about operation description etc. You will find that it is
something one cannot dispense with so easily.

Bye
jayachandra

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:07:36 +0530, Pavan Kumar Choukhada
<pa...@netcore.co.in> wrote:

> Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
> Website:  http://www.netcore.co.in
> Spamtraps: http://cleanmail.netcore.co.in/directory.html

> From: Pavan Kumar Choukhada <pa...@netcore.co.in>
> To: jayachandra <ja...@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:57:39 +0530
> Subject: Re: stub and skelton
> On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 11:43, jayachandra wrote:
> that's true
> SOAP message just contain method name and parameter.
>
> but we define java class information in server-config.wsdd
>
> for respective service.
> so i think still no need of skelton.
>
> > Not that easy buddy.
> > Even for RPCProvider how is it to know from the plain SOAP message to
> > which Java classes the XML need to be deserialized before invoking the
> > java class.
> > There comes the need for skeleton code.
> >
> > Jayachandra
> >
> > On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:23:44 +0530, Pavan Kumar Choukhada
> > <pa...@netcore.co.in> wrote:
> > > that's true i am not using static invocation.
> > > but i think we do not require skelton on server.
> > > because as i mentioned earlier using RPCProvider axis invoke java class
> > > via reflection.

-- Jaya