Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Guy Davis <da...@guydavis.ca> on 2009/10/08 21:47:56 UTC

How to upgrade database created with 10.4 to 10.5

Hi,

We recently upgraded to 10.5 for our app, but some of the databases on
I try to call a new 10.5 procedure such as:
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_UPDATE_STATISTICS.  Any 10.5 created databases are fine,
while those created with 10.4 say:

'SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_UPDATE_STATISTICS' is not recognized as a function or
procedure.

So, is there an "upgrade" that I need to run against such older databases to
get 10.5 features such as this?  I couldn't find anything in the manuals,
but perhaps I missed something?

Thanks in advance,
Guy

Re: How to upgrade database created with 10.4 to 10.5

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> So, is there an "upgrade" that I need to run against such older
> databases to get 10.5 features such as this?

Yes. To perform that upgrade, you open the database with a special
argument upgrade=true specified in your connection URL:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/ref/rrefattribupgrade.html

thanks,

bryan