Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Gaudin <th...@wanadoo.fr> on 2005/07/17 15:27:39 UTC

Simple (but free) calendar tag library

Hi folks,

I've been searching for quite some time and I haven't been able to find
a free JSP tag library to display calendars.
I found some, but none was flexible enough to handle all the calendars I
had to cope with in some projects.
So I created mine : http://www.thogau.net/myFuse/tgcalendar/
It is simple, customizable and free.

After the announcement, the question :
I want to distribute it under apache licence 2.0.
I put the license.txt file found on apache website in the root of the
downloadable archive, is it enough or do I have to do something else?

Cheers,

thogau

Re: Simple (but free) calendar tag library

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On 7/17/05, Thomas Gaudin <th...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been searching for quite some time and I haven't been able to find
> a free JSP tag library to display calendars.
> I found some, but none was flexible enough to handle all the calendars I
> had to cope with in some projects.
> So I created mine : http://www.thogau.net/myFuse/tgcalendar/
> It is simple, customizable and free.
>
> After the announcement, the question :
> I want to distribute it under apache licence 2.0.
> I put the license.txt file found on apache website in the root of the
> downloadable archive, is it enough or do I have to do something else?

See the instructions on the web site:

http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html

--
Martin Cooper

Help: How do I get a specific-indexed item from a collection?

Posted by Frank Burns <fr...@the-hub.demon.co.uk>.
I have a Skill object that holds a collection of SkillLevel objects. Using a
JSP, I can pull out all of the SkillLevels from the collection by iterating
over the collection.

However, I want to be able to pull out specific SkillLevel objects. I have a
method on the Skill object: getSkillLevel(int index).

If the Skill object can be referenced as a bean name "skill", then here is
an example of what I've tried, in an attempt to get the third element from
the collection:

	<c:out value="${skill.skillLevel['2']}"/>

But this gives me an error, something like:
 'Unable to find a value for "skill.skillName" in object ... using operator
"[2]" null'
Unfortunately I do not have access to the computer on which I was running
this earlier, so this is from my memory.

I have tried a number of variations, but hit the same problem.

Could you please help by telling me what is the CORRECT method of achieving
this, please?

Frank.