Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Trevor Harmon <TR...@VOCARO.COM> on 2008/08/27 19:15:11 UTC

Duplicate compiler errors

I often get duplicate Java compiler errors when building with Maven.
Has anybody else seen this? Here's how to reproduce:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes -
DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

Then change App.java to this:

package com.mycompany.app;
interface Foo {
	void bar();
}
public class App implements Foo {}

Running "mvn compile" at this point produces:

[INFO] Compilation failure
/Users/trevor/Desktop/test/maven/my-app/src/main/java/com/mycompany/
app/App.java:[7,7] com.mycompany.app.App is not abstract and does not
override abstract method bar() in com.mycompany.app.Foo
/Users/trevor/Desktop/test/maven/my-app/src/main/java/com/mycompany/
app/App.java:[7,7] com.mycompany.app.App is not abstract and does not
override abstract method bar() in com.mycompany.app.Foo

Why is Maven giving me a double error here? Compiling the same code
with javac gives only one.

Trevor

Re: Duplicate compiler errors

Posted by Trevor Harmon <tr...@vocaro.com>.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3733

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
eems like a (minor) bug in Maven itself - it is logging both the exception
and the nested compile exception (shown by running with -e).

It should just show the actual failure.

Can you file this in JIRA under MNG if it isn't already?

Thanks,
Brett

2008/8/28 Trevor Harmon <TR...@vocaro.com>

> I often get duplicate Java compiler errors when building with Maven. Has
> anybody else seen this? Here's how to reproduce:
>
> mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes
> -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
>
> Then change App.java to this:
>
> package com.mycompany.app;
> interface Foo {
>        void bar();
> }
> public class App implements Foo {}
>
> Running "mvn compile" at this point produces:

> [INFO] Compilation failure
> /Users/trevor/Desktop/test/maven/my-app/src/main/java/com/mycompany/app/App.java:[7,7]
> com.mycompany.app.App is not abstract and does not override abstract method
> bar() in com.mycompany.app.Foo
> /Users/trevor/Desktop/test/maven/my-app/src/main/java/com/mycompany/app/App.java:[7,7]
> com.mycompany.app.App is not abstract and does not override abstract method
> bar() in com.mycompany.app.Foo
>
> Why is Maven giving me a double error here? Compiling the same code with
> javac gives only one.
>
> Trevor

Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/