Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Alex Horwitz <AH...@midwestiso.org> on 2006/03/06 16:17:41 UTC

Thread Safety w/ SandeshaContext

Hello All:

My apologies if this has been asked / addressed before (or if my assessment is incorrect).  I am implementing a simple test where I spin up multiple client threads, each of which uses Sandesha (1.x) to reliable execute a service.  This is resulting in an IllegalStateException.  A quick profile session shows contention in the SandeshaContext.startClientSender method, as multiple threads enter this static method concurrently and, consequently, the Sender's startSender method is called multiple times against the same instance, which has the effect of adding too many SenderWorkers to the ThreadPool (hence, the Illegal State).

If anyone has experience with this issue, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you.

Alex Horwitz

Re: Thread Safety w/ SandeshaContext

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <jn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Thanks for pointing this out. Now it is fixed. Please take a new checkout
from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/sandesha/branches/sandesha_1_0/

and build using maven.

Thanks,