Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> on 2007/06/20 09:49:53 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] release of common jci 1.0

Jakarta Commons JCI 1.0 is now available!

  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jci/

JCI is a java compiler interface. It can be used to either compile
java (or any other language that can be compiled to java classes like
e.g. groovy or javascript) to java. It is well integrated with a FAM
(FilesystemAlterationMonitor) that can be used with the JCI compiling/
reloading classloader. All the currently supported compilers (even
javac before java6) feature in-memory compilation. It currently
supports compilers like eclipse, janino, groovy, rhino and javac.

Apache Jakarta Commons JCI is available in either binary or source
form from the JCI downloads page or your favorite maven repository
mirror.

  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_commons-jci.cgi

Re: Releasing 2.2RC1

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>> Reinhard, how long will it take for you to prepare new release?
>>
>> I'm working on it. Since I'm only replacing the faulty arifacts (4),
>> it should be finished by this evening.
>
> It takes me longer than expected. I had a nasty bug in the Spring
> reloading

of the Cocoon Maven plugin (rcl goal)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Releasing 2.2RC1

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz pisze:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>> Reinhard, how long will it take for you to prepare new release?
>>
>> I'm working on it. Since I'm only replacing the faulty arifacts (4),
>> it should be finished by this evening.
>
> It takes me longer than expected. I had a nasty bug in the Spring
> reloading mechanism that I wanted to see fixed before the release.
>
> Now I'm running out of time for the actual release work but hope to
> continue this afternoon or tommorrow morning.

No problem, it's always better to release more bug-free software.

I hope we will have it released by next Wednesday, it's date of my last exam at University. Then my GSoC activity will start to take place
and additionally I plan to spread a word about Cocoon 2.2 RC1 here in Warsaw.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Releasing 2.2RC1

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] release of common jci 1.0

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz pisze:
> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>> Jakarta Commons JCI 1.0 is now available!
>>
>>  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jci/
>>
>> JCI is a java compiler interface. It can be used to either compile
>> java (or any other language that can be compiled to java classes like
>> e.g. groovy or javascript) to java. It is well integrated with a FAM
>> (FilesystemAlterationMonitor) that can be used with the JCI
>> compiling/reloading classloader. All the currently supported compilers
>> (even javac before java6) feature in-memory compilation. It currently
>> supports compilers like eclipse, janino, groovy, rhino and javac.
>>
>> Apache Jakarta Commons JCI is available in either binary or source
>> form from the JCI downloads page or your favorite maven repository
>> mirror.
>>
>>  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_commons-jci.cgi
>
> Thanks Torsten, that's really great news for us!!!

Yes, yes! :-)

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.