Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2004/12/21 19:08:47 UTC

[configuration] Cut timestamped version of configuration?

Hi all,

I noticed that there is a directory (can't quite remember now) on the
cvs.apache.org where timestamp/non official releases are put.  This
directory is NOT synced to ibiblio.

I'd like to cut a timestamped version and put it there because I would like
to add to Fulcrum configuration a dependency on it.  Right now Fulcrum
Configuration (a tool to load up a Configuration as an Avalon component)
fails due to API differences in Gump:
    http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-turbine-fulcrum/fulcrum-con
figuration-impl/index.html

The way to fix it is to either cut a release or publish a timestamped
version that Fulcrum Configuration can depend on...

Eric

Re: [configuration] Cut timestamped version of configuration?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Eric Pugh" <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> writes:

>Hi all,

>I noticed that there is a directory (can't quite remember now) on the
>cvs.apache.org where timestamp/non official releases are put.  This
>directory is NOT synced to ibiblio.

>I'd like to cut a timestamped version and put it there because I would like
>to add to Fulcrum configuration a dependency on it.  Right now Fulcrum
>Configuration (a tool to load up a Configuration as an Avalon component)
>fails due to API differences in Gump:
>    http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-turbine-fulcrum/fulcrum-con
>figuration-impl/index.html

Ignore Gump.

As Stefano said, it is an "early warning, heads up"tool, not an
exercise in "building everything with everything".

If you need a snapshot release to make Gump happy, I'd prefer to have
an unhappy gump before going back to being locked into
village-2.0-20030825 forever.

	Regards
		Henning

What is more important to you...
   [ ] Product Security

Re: [configuration] Cut timestamped version of configuration?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Eric,

You'll find the apropriate Maven settings in
maven-plugins/plugin-parent/project.properties (I know you know where
that is :)

maven -Dmaven.repo.list=apachecvs jar:deploy-snapshot
should then do the trick.

As this is effectively a "nightly" build, I don't think there is any
reason to have to reach any consensus on this. Just need to ensure
fulcrum doesn't release without updating to a configuration release
after this snapshot.

 -Brett