Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Luis Gallegos <lg...@todo1.com> on 2003/11/05 17:21:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Timeouts apache

Hi,
I have a cgi program that hangs while trying to get information from
other place.
Does somebody know how could apache kill this process if for example in
3 minutes have not finished with it's request?

Thank you in advance.
	Luis

Re: [users@httpd] SSL help, Please anyone

Posted by hunter <th...@sympatico.ca>.
On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 00:46, Mark Clarkstone wrote:
> can anyone help me install SSL on My Windows machine running apache 1.2.28 ?
> even a link would be helpful
>
> thanks

Mark,

What you ask is non-trivial.

This page may help you get started and perhaps it will help you to form
more refined questions.

http://tud.at/programm/apache-ssl-win32-howto.php3

Chris

P.S.
I have never tried to follow these instructions but they look quite
comprehensive.

Re: [users@httpd] SSL help, Please anyone

Posted by André Schild <a....@aarboard.ch>.
Mark Clarkstone wrote:

>can anyone help me install SSL on My Windows machine running apache 1.2.28 ?
>even a link would be helpful

I think you should consider moving to 2.0.48
The 1.3 serie (even worse on 1.2)  doesn't behave very well with SSL
under Windows.

André

[users@httpd] SSL help, Please anyone

Posted by Mark Clarkstone <ma...@ntlworld.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] Timeouts apache

Posted by Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>.
Luis Gallegos wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a cgi program that hangs while trying to get information from
> other place.
> Does somebody know how could apache kill this process if for example in
> 3 minutes have not finished with it's request?

I don't think there's any way for Apache to do this, but what you could
do is run the script from inside of a wrapper script... This script
would install a signal handler for SIGALRM and then use the alarm()
function to schedule a signal if the program does not terminate.  You
could employ mod_rewrite to modify calls to this target script such that
it's actually invoked through your wrapper script, so that it would be
transparent to the end user.

Brian