Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Wesley E. Ribeiro" <we...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/06 21:43:53 UTC

NS 6.2 crash (off-topic)

First of all, sorry for the off-topic question. But
since we are using Tomcat, I though someone here might
have seen this issue before.

Our main page has two frames: the left frame is like a
table of contents, and the right
frame shows the actual data. The left frame has an
applet. When the user clicks on a label
inside the applet, it calls
getAppletContext().showDocument(url, "main") to show
the page
in the right frame.

If the user clicks on a special label in the applet,
instead of showing the page in the
right frame, it loads a page in the base frame
(getAppletContext().showDocument(url, "_top")).

This new page also has two frames, and the one in the
left also acts like a table of
contents (with different links, of course).

Now, on some machines, if you click on a label inside
this second applet
(to load another page), NS 6.2 crashes. All url's
loaded by the applets have parameters
passed in the url name (like ?p1=xxxx&p2=yyyy), and I
discovered if the number of parameters
is greater than 1, NS always crashes in these
machines. If it's equal to 1, the crash doesn't
always happens. IE works fine.

Environment: JRE 1.3.1, Tomcat 3.2.1, WinNT 4.0

So, does any one have a clue ?
TIA,

Wesley