Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org> on 2018/12/18 13:45:39 UTC

[site] it's almost 2019, can we redirect http to https?

Hi,

I remember that at some point we used to have a .htaccess file with redirects. Can something like that still be used to redirect http requests to https?

Thanks,
Radu

Re: [site] it's almost 2019, can we redirect http to https?

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
Done. Thx for the pointers!

> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: sling.apache.org
> Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
< Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:47:53 GMT
< Server: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)
< Location: https://sling.apache.org/
<

Re: [site] it's almost 2019, can we redirect http to https?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Radu,

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 2:45 PM Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I remember that at some point we used to have a .htaccess file with redirects.
> Can something like that still be used to redirect http requests to https?...

We still have that file at [0].

And as per [1] that should work for https:

https://github.com/apache/geode-site/blob/fae233028eefacb8d8d4473f2fde7e037b86b028/website/content/.htaccess

-Bertrand

[0] https://github.com/apache/sling-site/blob/master/src/main/jbake/assets/.htaccess

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d5534b599e6b9e98471abbbf21cb60f3bb856218cb060192889540d1@%3Cusers.infra.apache.org%3E

Re: [site] it's almost 2019, can we redirect http to https?

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2018-12-18 at 14:45 +0100, Radu Cotescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I remember that at some point we used to have a .htaccess file with
> redirects. Can something like that still be used to redirect http
> requests to https?

I'm +1 on going HTTPS only. I am not sure how to trigger it though.

I noticed that at least one Apache project does this properly

$ curl -I kudu.apache.org
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:12:26 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)