Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Benjamin Mestrallet <be...@exoplatform.com> on 2004/03/13 11:02:06 UTC

RE : [portlets] What is the best portal container to do this?

You have several choices for that. I know that the eXo platform portlet
container and pluto can be deployed in existing tomcat web application.
In both way that will at least need a server restart :). I will not get
in a portlet container comparaison here.

The other part is a choice between several Portals and CMS that use one
of this two certified portlet container.

The list of Open Source portals can be found there
http://www.manageability.org/blog/stuff/open_source_portal_servers_in_ja
va/view

The list of Open Source CMS can be found here :
http://www.oscom.org/matrix/index.html;jsessionid=12FD0D90CFBD406D18ECD3
EABD33651D

Note that the eXo platform has also that CMS component as an IoC
service, and waiting for JSR 170...

For database, I guess it works the same for most portals and like for
any other web applications, you need to define datasources in the
configuration files for tomcat.

user/roles are defined the same way using Tomcat realms (for J2EE based
security). Portal can also add orgnaizational security level on top of
that low level one.

Benjamin

Posted by "Loreno F. de Oliveira" <lo...@dsc.ufcg.edu.br>.
Sorry people..

Possibly I had a mistake, now I can see the list...

Anyway, thaks!! :-)

[]'s

Loreno

Posted by "Loreno F. de Oliveira" <lo...@dsc.ufcg.edu.br>.