Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Punam Mutha <pm...@talentbeat.com> on 2003/08/01 04:03:54 UTC

Tomcat4.1.24 SSL and Verisign

Wanted you to route this problem to concerned person in Verisign.

We are using following environment:
Server: Tomcat 4.1.24
OS: Red Hat Linux 8.0
JDK : IBM 2.13

I have implemented following steps to use the global server id we have
purchased:

Using keytool generated a keystore and added an intermidate CA (from
http://www.verisign.com/support/install/intermediate.html ) and the
global server if received from verisign

keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore
/opt/tomcat41/verisign/my_keystore
keytool -delete -v -alias tomcat -keystore
/opt/tomcat41/verisign/my_keystore
keytool -import -alias root -keystore
/opt/tomcat41/verisign/my_keystore  -trustcacerts -file
/opt/tomcat41/verisign/intermidiate.cer

keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore
/opt/tomcat41/verisign/my_keystore -trustcacerts -file
/opt/tomcat41/verisign/global_server_id.cer

In server.xml I point the keystore to
/opt/tomcat41/verisign/my_keystore.
Server starts up the https successfully, without any errors.
When I try accessing my site using http,  it works fine
, but then I use https, it displays a page not
found error.

Also if I generate a self signed certificate, it all works fine.

If anybody has successfully deployed a verisign certificate with
tomcat4.1.24, let me know.

Regards,
Punam