Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jann VanOver <Ja...@loudeye.com> on 2001/06/25 18:08:53 UTC

How to Unsubscribe (was RE: Unsubscribe does not work)

This was originally posted by Thomas Vollmer -- thank you Thomas
trouble with the equal-sign "=" in the recipients address.
Here's the e-mail header you sent. If you look closely at
the "To:" line, you will see what has happened:

Your e-mail client has split the recipients address at the "="
into the display name ("tomcat-user-unsubscribe-lmayer=") and
the e-mail address ("usxx.com@jakarta.apache.org").

Somehow you need to make sure that your e-mail client
really sends a message to

For MS-Outlook, the following has worked for me:
1. type the correct unsubscribe address into the "To:" field.
2. click outside of the "To:" field and watch Outlook "convert"
the address you typed into display name and e-mail address.
3. double click on the display name in the "To:" field, note
the wrong e-mail address in there and adjust the e-mail address
to the correct one.
4. done.

Thomas