Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/19 20:42:33 UTC

Creating a Hadoop cluster(Hbase+Hive+pig)

Hello list,

   I am totally new to Whirr and just trying to get a proper feel of
it..I was going through the wiki and with the help of documentation
there I was able to create a cluster that has Hadoop and Hbase..Now I
want to create a proper working cluster that has Hadoop, Hbase, Hive
and Pig together.How can I do it?Also I would like to know, whether it
is possible to add new tools(like Chukwa, Sqoop etc) to my existing
Hadoop cluster using Whirr or not.If yes, then what should be the
approach???Many thanks.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Re: Creating a Hadoop cluster(Hbase+Hive+pig)

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
And a final note:

We are now getting ready to make the 0.7.0 release public (the vote is
done).

Some of the cool new things we are shipping are: support for both Chef &
Puppet, a lot of
service improvements, Ganglia & Mahout as a service + a lot of core
improvements.

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Andrei.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Sure  Andrei, I would love to be be in touch with you guys.And I am
waiting anxiously for the next release.Its really great to see that
you guys are integrating tools like Mahout & Ganglia.I'll try to do as
much as I can in improving Whirr, as I am just a newbie in this
area.Till then I'll try to become familiar with the system.One last
question, does Whirr require some special ssh configuration.??I am not
able to ssh my Hadoop cluster. Thanks once again.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Sounds great!