Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Troy A. Griffitts" <sc...@crosswire.org> on 2002/02/18 21:27:42 UTC

OO API to DOM

Hello,
	I may be able to get my employer to opensource our XML API that we've
been working on now for about 18 months.  Companies like GE Power
Systems, Novell, and others at: http://www.evergreen.com/customers/
use this API for XML business processing.

	I was curious if the Apache XML project may be interested in such an
API.  It's a very simple OO API based on about 7 classes geared toward
business processing of XML and facilitate direct manipulation of XML or
subclassing these objects into specialized business objects uniquely
tailored to specific tasks.  The API is implemented using strictly DOM
interfaces to do it's manipulation, so any DOM 1.1+ compliant parser
could probably be used, but we use Xerces exclusively for our
customers.  And it's easy to switch in and out of the api as business
object can be constructed from / and return a w3c Node.

	Please let me know and I will continue to pursue this with my employer.

		-Troy A. Griffitts
		Sr. Software Architect / Engineer
		Evergreen