Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "0602@eq.cz" <06...@eq.cz> on 2005/11/14 19:31:16 UTC

[users@httpd] link against specific version of berkeley db

Hi folks,

I'm trying to solve a problem, which is related to php (probably some
namespace problem, I don't know) - http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35216 .

As a workaround, I need to link apache against specific version of
berkeley db (there are more versions of libdb installed on the system,
db4 and db3).

The configure script is searchig for the highest possible version and
the parameter "--with-berkeley-db" configures a directory:
# ./configure [...] --with-berkeley-db=/lib/libdb-3.3.so
[...]
checking for Berkeley DB 4.3 in /lib/libdb-3.3.so... directory not found
checking for Berkeley DB 4.2 in /lib/libdb-3.3.so... directory not found
checking for Berkeley DB 4.1 in /lib/libdb-3.3.so... directory not found
checking for Berkeley DB 4.0 in /lib/libdb-3.3.so... directory not found
checking for Berkeley DB 3 in /lib/libdb-3.3.so... directory not found
checking for Berkeley DB 2 in /lib/libdb-3.3.so... directory not found
checking for Berkeley DB 1.0.0 in /lib/libdb-3.3.so... directory not found
checking for Berkeley DB 1 in /lib/libdb-3.3.so... directory not found
checking for Berkeley DB... not found

Is there any clean way (i.e. without e.g. editing configure) to link
apache against lower version of berkeley db?

Thanks,

0602@eq.cz

Re: [users@httpd] link against specific version of berkeley db

Posted by "0602@eq.cz" <06...@eq.cz>.
Hi,

0602@eq.cz wrote:
> Is there any clean way (i.e. without e.g. editing configure) to link
> apache against lower version of berkeley db?

I think there are at least two solutions:
a) edit srclib/apr-util/build/dbm.m4 and comment/delete what is not what
I want in APU_CHECK_DB_ALL macro (this is the dirty way)
b) ./configure --without-berkeley-db (which serves my desires as well)

I'll go the second way.

Regards,

0602@eq.cz